IMSEL COMPREHENSIVE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The Integrative Mental Health Social Emotional (IMSEL) Learning professional development training is designed to support and enhance social emotional resources for professionals in the education setting. The IMSEL program is a school-based approach to support students' academic, social, and emotional development and promote wellness.
The program is delivered in (4) full-day small group experiential- based training followed by (5) integrative coaching sessions to support the integration for SEL instruction over one academic year.
Day 1: Foundations Theory and Practice
Day 2: Mindfulness, Stress Reduction, and Teacher Self-Care
Day 3: Trauma Informed Care and Compassion Training
Day 4: Imagery, Restorative Practice, and SEL Child Development
Session 1: Health and Wellness
Session 2: Health and Wellness
Session 3: SEL Integration - modeling practices in the classroom
Session 4: SEL Integration - collaboration on implementation
Session 5: SEL Integration - modeling practices in the classroom
The program is rooted in evidence-based practices from the fields of education, child developmental psychology, mind-body medicine, health and wellness, pediatric nursing, neuroscience, interpersonal neurobiology, social work, and positive and health psychology. The program uses core practices from an integrative whole person developmental approach such as mindfulness, movement, nutrition, narrative/storytelling. All methods come from relational, developmental, trauma-informed, and restorative practice perspectives.
• support healthy emotion regulation and social relationships
• improve immune system functioning and promote overall health and wellness
• strengthen learning relationships
• improve school social climate
• reduce stress for students and adults
• safeguard against teacher burnout, compassion fatigue, and stress-related conditions
• increase self and social awareness
• improve healthy and responsible decision making